Meditation: Headspace, Appreciation #10 Length: 11 minutes Where: Office/Guest Room, Los Angeles How It Felt: Satisfying
I finished another course! Yay! It feels so good to check it off as “completed.” Ah.
I don’t have a ton to say today. Such a nice day. Steve flies back to Michigan tomorrow for a kids’ weekend, but we had such a wonderful night together. Dinner with jazz and wine and candlelight, some house projects finished, laughing and going deep and everything in between. I’m just so proud of our marriage. I never really saw myself as the marrying type before I knew Steve, but when you know, you know. He’s just such a good man. It’s almost overwhelming some days.
The rest of the day was spent being really happy about the recall results, reading, cleaning, and getting a little laser hair removal. Painful but so worth it! I used to fantasize about all the hair below my chin falling out so I would never have to shave or Nair or wax or anything ever again- it’s so exhausting dealing with body hair all the time! Now I’ve nearly made my dream come true, and I can only thank whatever science is behind this modern miracle.
We really live in amazing times, don’t we?
Oh! I was supposed to do my “three things I’m grateful for” yesterday, but I don’t believe I did. So, okay. Today I’ll do six!
- My husband (I know, obvious one)
- The recall results!
- Technology that straight up burns my hair right off
- My home, complete with cat. So safe, so comfy.
- Norm Macdonald’s moth joke and the fact that we were blessed with his talent for as long as we were, though it would never have been long enough
- My health. If the last year and a half have taught us anything, it’s to appreciate being healthy
That felt nice. Long, full day tomorrow, and more to do before bed, so goodnight!