Oct 14- Costumes

Meditation: Calm, Calm Light
Length: 3 minutes
Where: Bedroom, Los Angeles
How It Felt: Like a deep breath for my brain

I was exhausted when I got home last night. I had the most amazing day, but it definitely wiped me out. Thus, the late (and short) meditation before bed, and the blog being pushed to the next day.

You know that kind of exhaustion where you sit down and you just can’t get back up again? Where you don’t even have the energy to turn on the TV or pick up a book? Where you just zone out because you can’t imagine doing all the things you have to do before collapsing in bed?

Yeah. It was like that.

Still, I’m happy! I got up early and drove downtown for a quick commercial shoot. Love my job so much! It takes a ton of mental energy of course, but it’s so worth it.

Then, I stopped on my way home for a few more makeup pieces to complete my leopard costume look for my evening event. I was booked as an emcee for a DOG COSTUME CONTEST! It’s as adorable as it sounds, and I was in total heaven the entire time. Plus, the event proceeds went to Best Friends Animal Society, one of my favorite causes. Steve and I actually drove to Utah and volunteered at their sanctuary last year and it was amazing.

By the time I finished my shoot, ran my errands, got home and got dressed and organized my notes for the gig, I barely had time to eat a quick snack and get back on the road. I underestimated how hard it would be to project into a mic through a mask- that was a first! By the end my foot was throbbing again, my throat was raw, and my brain was fried, but introducing twenty-nine dogs as they paraded across the stage in the cutest costumes ever was the best soul food you can imagine.


After the prizes were announced and I spent some time talking to audience members, contestants, and the event organizers- this great couple that I can already tell we are going to be friends with from now on- I limped back to my car, called Steve to hoarsely rave about the whole thing, and grabbed Taco Bell, normally reserved for late nights out, but I was starving.

Now I have a few days in a row with only one required outing- all other work is happening over Zoom, thank god. I badly need to rest my silly turf toe and get this thing healed before we travel in twelve days!

Worth it, though. Such a good day. I love what I do so much!!

Now, some quiet…